I feel like the world’s most famous Journey song. “Don’t stop believing… Hold on to the feeling ya.” Specifically in regard to leaving Burning Man this year. I can’t, nor do I want to shake the new vibration I am feeling in my life. So I came up with 5 simple things that will make my life feel more like Burning Man! You should try them too!
1. Ride Your Bike … How many miles do we log on our bikes while on the Playa? To many to count. It feels great to incorporate that low level activity throughout the day and it helps us connect with our inner child ! Stand up and go fast, or just cruise the hood, but find ways to push those pedals! (assless chaps optional)
2. Pass Out Cookies!… It could come in the form a compliment or a good ol fashion grin but reach out and share your love! Don’t be afraid of rejection. Even if you don’t get the response you expected, the positive energy will come back to you tenfold!
3. Wear Some Fur!! Ok I admit that I live in Venice Beach and this is totally acceptable behavior in my hood. But someone has to be the first to rock the boat on your block too! You don’t have to don your fur gogo boots, but maybe you have a cute vest or something that is a little out of the ordinary. Don’t put all the costumes away. Hang some pieces up and incorporate them in your wardrobe.
4. Find your Wolf Pack.. Find the people who really love you and honor you for being you and love the shit outta them!
5. Stop and Have a Dance Party! Turn up the music and get your groove on. It could be in the middle of the day, the grocery store, or while you’re driving in your car. If you’re feeling the music, stop and dance!